08 8 / 2014
To the anon mentioning concerns that their parents will pull support when they come out: Obviously we all hope that won’t happen, but if you do come here, Moho has some great resources to help students in this type of situation. The Jolene Fund is a loan fund that helps students who’ve lost financial support from their parents, http://www.mhlp.org/page-583592? it’s administered by the Dean, but it was put together by Lyon’s Pride, the LGBTQ alum organization and True Colors, one of the LGBTQ student orgs, runs a big fund-raiser for it every year (or at least, they did when I was there).
Yes, True Colors still fund raises for the Jolene Fund through Drag Ball each year. -M.
29 7 / 2014
Spread the word!
Calling all Queer and Trans* South Asians/Desis! The last anthology that shared our stories is over 20 years old. It’s time to bring our stories of love and laughter, pain and struggles, survival and existence to the forefront.
SUBMIT! Visit southasianqueeranthology.wordpress.com.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15
13 7 / 2014
- Edward Said – Zionism From the Standpoint of its Victims
- Chandra Talpade Mohanty – Under Western Eyes:Feminist Scholarship and Colonial Discourses
- Joseph Massad – The Ends of Zionism: Racism and the Palestinian Struggle
- Chandra Talpade Mohanty – US Empire and the Project of Women Studies
- Audre Lorde — Age, Race, Class, and Sex: Women Redefining ‘ Difference
- Alejandra Sardá-Chandiramani — HRC and the vulture fund: Making Third World poverty pay for LGBT rights
07 7 / 2014
more passing tips (contains statements which trivialize sexism)
how to be scene or emo and pass as a girl (contains cissexist language)
if anyone has anymore resources, feel free to reblog and add!